THE CITY REBORN FROM THE ASHES OF AMERICA'S MOST DISASTROUS FOREST FIRE
Athelstane Accepts Hot Mix Bid, Appointments
Issue Date: April 18, 2013
Athelstane--Hot mix bids, appointments, and date of Clean Up Days were among items of business when the Athelstane Town Board met Tuesday, Apr. 9, with 27 persons in attendance.
Three bids were received for one mile of asphalt for Smiley Road and awarded to Northeast Asphalt for $98,581.30 with a possible start date of June 3. Other bids were Scott Construction for cold mix in the amount of $101,915 and Marinette County for hot mix for $119,500.
Approved were appointments to the Planning Commission. They are John Gegare, two year term; Ivan LaCount and Gary Jobelius for one year terms.
The Board also approved having town officials attend the Town Officials Workshop on May 2. They are Supervisor Harold Tesch, Treasurer Greg Reinhardt and either Clerk Janice DuChateau or Barb Adrian.
During the public comment period Harriet Ivanis asked to be put on the agenda for the May meeting to talk about the Concerned Citizens Committee she mentioned at the October meeting. She wants to explain to citizens what the committee is going to do, who is involved and what they are about. She also requested use of the Town Hall on the last Friday of the month for their meetings. No action was taken.
Supervisor David Jose reported on the Apr. 3 meeting of the Planning Commission when six members and two guests attended. There was nothing new to report on the Big Eagle Estates.
In other action:
* Chairman John Dobratz reported that Clean-Up Days for the Town will be Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on both days.
* Authorized Supervisor Harold Tesch to take the Board of Review Training and certification.
* Took no action on revising fees at the Recycling Center.
* Accepted proposed amendments to ordinances on road design standards for town and private roads and private driveways.
* Approved minutes of the March meeting of the Board.
* Received a thank you card from a resident expressing appreciation to the town snow plow drivers for work done plowing roads and driveways this winter.
* Were informed the Fire Department had no calls in March and had two training sessions. One was with the DNR on wild land training and the other on small equipment training.
* Accepted the report of Treasurer Greg Reinhardt showing balances on hand Mar. 31 of checking account $5,871.57, general money account $1,697.87, tax money market $86,881.70, certificate of deposit $84,121.49 and another certificate of deposit of $108,389.60 for a total of $286,962.23.
* Discussed North Lost Lake Trail versus North Lost Lake Road. Name of the road is North Lost Lake Trail.