THE CITY REBORN FROM THE ASHES OF AMERICA'S MOST DISASTROUS FOREST FIRE
Administrator At Pembine Resigns
Issue Date: February 19, 2014
PembineResignations including that of Administrator Robert Berndt, extra curricular coaches, K-4 afternoon milk break, added school day minutes and receiving a U.S. Flag from a former student were among items of business when the Pembine School Board met Monday, Feb. 10. Absent was member Brian Parr.
Accepted with deep regret was the resignation of Administrator Robert Berndt effective June 30.
Approved were extra curricular coaches. They are Evan Neuens, baseball coach; Sara Seidel, softball coach, and Roger Russ, golf coach. The coaches for co-op sports in baseball and softball are pending on approval of the Goodman School District.
The Board discussed the afternoon milk break for students in grades K-4 that would be paid by the district for the remainder of the 2013-14 school year. The Board will act on the issue after receiving reports of the cost involved and will then be polled
In other business, the Board:
* Was informed that Margaret Flipps won the district spelling bee. Also the Hi-Q contest was held Thursday, Feb. 6, with Pembine getting 37 points, Gillett 45 and Carney-Nadeau had one.
* Students Courtney Goyak, Haylee Geib and Giselle Gearhart were congratulated for achieving a 4.0 grade point average for the second quarter honor roll.
* Received an updated list of student going on the Senior Class trip scheduled May 9-14 in Chicago.
* Official pupil count for January wa 268, up seven students from the September count of 261.
* Were informed a thank you was received from students in the Wood Shop for the new planer.
* The district received a U.S. Flag that was flown over Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan from Sgt. Major Thomas Pollack, a 1993 graduate of Pembine.
* Were informed that parents have been notified that 30 minutes were added to the end of each school day as the district had four no school days because of weather.
* Went into closed session to discuss staff update, student manifestation update and sick days.