THE CITY REBORN FROM THE ASHES OF AMERICA'S MOST DISASTROUS FOREST FIRE
T/Stephenson Acts On DNR Lease, Road Bids
Issue Date: April 17, 2014
Crivitz--DNR lease for High Falls Park, road bids, salt order, underground electric wires and operator license were among items of business when the Stephenson Town Board met Wednesday, April 12. There were 12 other persons present beside the Board members.
Tabled and sent back to committee was the lease with the DNR for High Falls Park. It will now be sent to the insurance company to check the indemnity language. Attorney Kim Coggins had a concern about the language in the termination portion stating that either party could terminate the lease without cause with a 180 day notice. He would like the language to say for just cause. He would also like something in writing from the insurance company concerning the indemnity language.
The Board accepted the financial report of Treasurer Mary Jane Kempka which showed the balances on hand as of March 31 totaled $1,209,908.90. The individual balances are General Fund of $34,871.19; Money Market Fund $707,028.09; Fire Department Money Market Fund $38,855.04 Tax Money Market $4,015.54; Depreciation Account $413,994.08 and Investment CD $50,000.
The Board received and opened bids for blacktopping, seal coat, and overlay on various roads. The bids will be reviewed by Supervisor Rick Kikulski and Don Weinhart and brought back to committee.
In other action, the Board approved the request of Weinhart to order 380 tons salt for the 2014-15 season as the State needs the order by April 16. After some discussion, Supervisor Kevin Solway stated there is only $2,434 left in the budget for 2014. He stated that other portions of the highway department will have to tighten up to be able to pay for the salt. He asked Weinhart how much he wants to buy and Weinhart stated he would like to order 380 tons and he figured cost about $62 per ton. The vendor reserve of 100 tons would not have to be taken, but would be available if needed. That amount would be $21,125.74 but does not include sand.
In other business, the Board:
* Further study will be done on the application of WPS regarding installation of underground electrical wires.
* Approved operator 's licenses for Jami Marie and Jamie Voet, to expire June 30, 2016.
* Jay Lesperance was approved as agent for J & L Strategies, LLC dba Fishers Camp Resort. Also approved was a Class B liquor license to J & L Strategies, LLC dba Fishers Camp Resort but not issue the license until all necessary paperwork has been received.
* Approved was a certified survey may for Jody Chosa, N1836 Maloney Road, Kaukauna, for two lots in the Town of Stephenson with ingress and egress to Ranch Road. The vote was four in favor with Supervisor Jeffrey Lieuwen abstaining.
* Treasurer Kempka read a letter from the Marinette County Administrator asking about contributions to the Menominee Animal Shelter. Chairman Mike Kudick said they would discuss it in committee. Supervisor Solway stated there was nothing placed in the budget for 2014.
* Appointed Kudick as chairman of the Personnel Committee.
* Approved an event permit for Packerland Bass Club for July 11 and 12, at High Falls Park and also a one day license for July 12.
* During then public comments portion of the meeting, Jerry Ronowski stated the roads are really dirty and asked that they be swept. Jerry Thirion thanked the Board for doing Parkway Road north of County W.
* Approved minutes of the March 12 meeting and April 2 Committee meetings.