THE CITY REBORN FROM THE ASHES OF AMERICA'S MOST DISASTROUS FOREST FIRE
Drug Task Force Made 15 Arrests
Issue Date: August 21, 2013
The Drug Task Force, comprised of law enforcement officers from the counties of Marinette and Menominee, Mich., made 15 drug arrests in a two month period. Beside the two sheriff departments it also has officers from the Marinette and Peshtigo Police Departments.
In a joint news release Menominee County Sheriff Kenny Marks and Marinette County Sheriff Jerry Sauve reported the Drug Task Force was formed because of the fluid nature of illegal drug trafficking between the greater Marinette and Menominee communities. Law enforcement officials envisioned the need for a joint task force to better service both communities and combat illegal drug trafficking - in particular heroin.
Pooling resources and services the Sheriffs of Marinette and Menominee counties, the Chiefs of Police from Marinette and Peshtigo, and Prosecuting Attorneys offices from Marinette and Menominee counties formed the task force to more effectively and efficiently investigate, arrest, and adjudicate violators.
Area law enforcement officers from Northeast Tri-County Drug Enforcement Group and the Menominee County Wide Drug Enforcement Team affected the arrest of seven Marinette-Menominee residents on July 31. These arrests were the culmination of a four-month long illegal drug investigation involving the illegal possession, sale, delivery, and distribution of heroin in the Marinette-Menominee area.
Those arrested include:
* A 44-year-old man from Marinette for two counts party to a crime delivery of heroin, one count delivery of heroin, and one count maintain a drug house.
* A 24-year-old man from Marinette for one count as party to a crime delivery of heroin, three counts delivery of heroin, and one count of maintaining a drug vehicle.
* A 24-year-old woman from Marinette for one count delivery of heroin.
* A 23-year-old woman from Marinette for one count delivery of schedule II narcotic, two counts of delivery of heroin, and three counts party to a crime delivery of heroin.
* A 48-year-old man from Marinette for three counts of delivery of heroin.
* A 51-year-old woman from Menominee for one count of delivery of schedule II narcotic, two counts of delivery of heroin, and one count maintaining a drug vehicle.
* A 39-year-old woman from Marinette for four counts of delivery of heroin, one count maintaining a drug house, and one count maintaining a drug vehicle.
All those arrested were lodged in the Marinette County Jail and are awaiting court appearances.
Five previous arrests on May 31 were also related to this investigation. Those arrests include:
* A 40-year-old man from Menominee for possession with intent to deliver heroin.
* A 42-year-old woman from Marinette for possession with intent to deliver heroin.
* A 48-year-old man from Menominee for delivery of heroin.
* A 38 year-old man from Oconto County for delivery of heroin.
Also arrested was a 38-year-old man from Waukegan, Ill., for distribution of heroin.
On Aug. 6, a 23 year-old woman from Menominee and a 29 year-old man from Menominee were arrested for possession of heroin; and a 38-year-old man from Menominee for possession of heroin, and possession with intent to deliver heroin.
Names of those arrested are being withheld until formal charges are issued by the prosecutors in their respective jurisdictions.
Assisting local drug units in this investigation were Menominee Police Department, Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Law enforcement officials are asking residents with information about the illegal use, possession or distribution of controlled substances to contact their local law enforcement agencies, or contact Crime Stoppers of Marinette serving both Marinette and Menominee Counties at 1-800-427-5857 or 715-735-5111 or www.tipsubmit.com or text Marinette with your message to 274637 (Crimes).