THE CITY REBORN FROM THE ASHES OF AMERICA'S MOST DISASTROUS FOREST FIRE
T/Pound Acts On Road Projects, Animal Facility
Pound--Road projects, joint animal facility with the Village of Coleman, joint meeting with Town of Grover on snowplowing and public hearing on natural gas lift station were among items of business when the Pound Town Board met Tuesday, May 13. Excused was Supervisor John Gaffney.
Also attending were Judy Broderick, Dorothy Kaminski and Jim Peters of Peters Concrete.
The financial report of Treasurer Janelle Rymer was approved showing balances on hand as of April 30 at $176,460.14 consisting of $1,915.01 in checking and $174,545.13 in the money market account.
Chairman Jerry Heroux reported a Public Hearing will be held Thursday, June 5, at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall to hear a conditional use request from Wisconsin Public Service for a natural gas lift station near 16th Road dead end. The Town Plan Commission will meet immediately following the hearing to approve or deny the request for the conditional use permit.
During the public comment portion of the meeting, Judy Broderick requested to reserve the town hall two Sundays a month for a Bible study group. The group would be flexible to reschedule if the hall was needed by others. The Board informed her to contact Dorothy Kaminski to reserve dates.
The Board approved $17,700 for Crack Filling Service Corp. of Cross Plains, to crack sealing on N 5th, E 12th, N 1st, N 29th, W 12th, W 4th, and W 8th.
Also approved was grinding of 20th Road by Northeast Asphalt with price adjusted for length.
The Board approved advertising for bids for potential road projects on W 20th & W 8th Roads.
Approved was the recommendation of the Town Plan Commission on rezoning of Garrett Swierenga property of 3.1 acres from A1/R1 (Agricultural/Residential) to Q1 (Quarrying). The approval will be forwarded to Marinette County for review and action.
Animal Control Officer Janelle Rymer presented the possibility of having a joint animal shelter with the Village of Coleman with the possibility of also holding a community fundraiser to help fund the project. Discussion was held by the Board and Rymer will contact Village Officer Ida Soletske to further discuss the possibility of a joint animal shelter facility.
In other business, the Board:
* Will not issue town road weight limitation permits at the present time.
* Were informed the Board of Review meeting will be held Tuesday, June 10, for the purpose of setting the Open Book and next Board of Review meeting.
* Reported the Board will hold a joint meeting with the Grover Town Board in July to discuss snowplowing on Townline Road.
* Were informed the Board of Appeals met Tuesday, April 22, and discussed Code of Ordinance changes. A sample case will be reviewed at the next meeting.
* Received a request from the Cougar Country Business Association that the Town of Pound have a booth with town information for their display at the Coleman High School on Oct. 24 and 25 for crafts and municipality information.
* Approved their April 8 Board minutes as amended.
* Set the next regular monthly Board meeting for Tuesday, June 10, at 6 p.m. in the Town Hall.