Wagner Board Acts On Road Projects, Licenses
Wagner--Road projects, licenses, culvert purchase, and update of Centennial Planning Committee were among items of business when the Wagner Town Board met Tuesday, June 10, with all Board members present.
Others present were Public Works Jim Hickey, Ken Joy, James Hasselstrom, William Woodward, Howard Anderson, Mike Caylor, Don Willan, Lynn Roberts, Nancy Fakety, and Gerard Micksch.
Chairperson Lynn Hickey reported the Town requires that a permit must be obtained by anyone who shoots off fireworks. Cost is $10 and can be obtained from the Town Board, Fire Chief, or Assistant Fire Chief.
Road projects approved by the Board were:
* Crack fill, seal, patch ramp, and stripe only for handicap and no parking areas at the Fire Department/Town Hall parking lot.
* Crack seal Borderline Road splitting the cost with the Town of Porterfield equally.
* Crack seal Four Lakes Road.
* Accepted the quote from Renikow Skidsteer Service for $500 to install a resident purchased culvert at N10529 Packard Road.
Among reports presented at the meeting were that the Fire Department had one call in May and members have been participating in trainings. Also the MABAS paperwork has been turned in and should receive approval at the July 14 MABAS meeting.
Public Work Jim Hickey reported the recycle bin is working out very well but asks if the residents and weekenders could crush the plastics and cardboard down to make more room in the dumpster to be able to get another week without dumping.
Also individuals have been entering the dump after hours and opening the big dumpster doors to see what is inside and garbage ends up falling out and public works has to clean this up. Suggestions were made that the Town may need to put fencing around the whole area before there are further problems.
In other action, the Board approved Class B retail license for Heritage Inn, and renewed operator licenses for Todd Zeutzius, Mindy Swick, Elly Piatt, and Allen Sievert, and a temporary Class B retailers license to the Town of Wagner Fire Department for the premises of Menominee River Park on July 26 for the annual firemans picinic. Supervisor Allen Sievert abstained from voting.
In other business, the Board:
* Was informed he wheelchair ramp at the Town Hall will need some repairs.
* Chairperson Lynn Hickey and Supervisor Sievert will attend the WTA meeting in Wausaukee on Thursday, June 19.
* Received information that the Town of Wagner debt in January. 2013 was at $211,796.31 and is now down to $31,397.66 with total pay off in 2014.
* Were informed total cost for Pohl Road minus the TRIP funds will be around $59,000.
* Informed that the Country Gift Shop will be open on Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
* The Town of Wagner Centennial Planning Committee meeting will be Monday, June 23, at 6:30 p.m. They are still looking for volunteers to help with planning. A letter has been sent out to all landowners in the town about things they are looking for to put in the centennial book.
* Discussion the updated Emergency Operation Plan (EOP).
* Approved minutes of the May 13 Board meeting and treasurers report.
* Set the next regular monthly Town Board meeting for Wednesday, July 9, at 6 p.m.
Recent stories, opinions and photos
American Sniper is on the way to becoming the highest domestic grossing war film of all time. Have your seen, or are you planning on seeing the movie?
TO VOTE CLICK|
YES, NO or UNDECIDED
Suggest a Question
841 Maple St
PO Box 187
Peshtigo, WI 54157
All right reserved