THE CITY REBORN FROM THE ASHES OF AMERICA'S MOST DISASTROUS FOREST FIRE
Fire Destroys Jim Tomaszewski Home
CrivitzThe home of Jim Tomaszewski on Jazwinski Road, Crivitz, was a total loss as the result of a fire that started in the kitchen about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 29.
The two adults and four children were able to safely exit the burning structure.
Town of Stephenson Fire Chief Jim Stradal said responding to the scene were also fire departments from the Village of Crivitz and the Town of Middle Inlet. The department was at the scene for about nine hours and there were no injuries.
According to his mother, Marie Tomaszewski, Jim was making breakfast when grease in a pan splatter and started the fire. She reported he and his wife and four children were able to exit the house. However, they lost everything in the blaze and escaped with only the clothing they were wearing at the time.
The house was fulled insured and the family are staying at a hotel.